Content Connections Matches Writers and Companies
Chicago, IL – (August 17, 2013) – Digital content doesn’t write itself. If you’re reading it . . . someone wrote it. Content Connections wants to bridge the gap between talented writers and companies that need writers to craft compelling content for their digital outlets. The goal of Content Connections, a new conference to be held on November 7 and 8 at Columbia College in Chicago, is to introduce freelancers and content publishers to one another so they can share insights and find new ways to work together.
- Clients: Build a powerful editorial plan; learn strategies and tactics from expert content marketers; get the latest market rates for freelanced content; and meet freelance writers who fit your content needs at Client Connections, a speed-dating-style power networking session
- Experienced freelancers: Translate analog skills to the digital market; see how you fit into the latest digital content strategies and markets; gain insight to win new clients; and meet clients who need your skills at Client Connections, a speed-dating-style power networking session
- New freelancers: Build your action plan with wisdom from business and marketing experts; translate your abilities and interests to pitches that win clients; and meet clients who need your skills at Client Connections, a speed-dating-style power networking session
As we shift how we absorb information from print to digital, freelance writers need to adjust how they write to appeal to companies seeking digital, custom content. Likewise, companies need access to qualified writers well-versed in the skill of writing for the digital, custom content world. Content Connections brings those two groups together.
Keynote presentations by:
- Ron Smith, assistant managing editor for the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, who will discuss the evolution of Pulitzer-winning story Platforms, from print to tablet
- Dan Davenport, content director for Meredith Xcelerated Marketing (MXM), who will share the underlying business model of digital content.
Following the keynote presentations are tracks designed to help writers and companies maximize their relationships and partnerships.
Content Connections takes place on November 7 and 8, 2013 at Columbia College in Chicago. It is sponsored by the American Society of Journalists and Authors (ASJA), Authors Educational Foundation and the Columbia College Department of Journalism.